There are three major low cost airlines that operate ouf of London. I will briefly describe them in order of preference:
1. Monarch Air - best one.
- Seats recline
- You can take 23kg on board (for a fair fee over 20kg)
- Do not require online check-in / printing of pass
- Allow 2 pieces of carry-on luggage - total weight 10kg
2. Easyjet - fair middle
- Seats don't recline
- 20kg max weight
- One piece of carryon
- Do not require online checkin
3. Ryainair - avoid at all costs.
If there is any chance of flying with another airline, I avoid them
- Seats do not recline
- Require online checkin - huge fine if you do not bring printed pass to the airport
- Small luggage limit (don't remember exactly what)
- Charge credit card fee PER PASSENGER
- One carryon item
One thing I would say is that Ryanair make majority of their profits from various fees. Ie - they try very hard to fuck the passengers and extract fees. It feels like them getting you on the plane is like casino giving out free drinks - just a pretext to a really fleece you by others means. I consider this practice abhorent and try to stay away - not worth the mental anguish.